What is on my mind?
The loathsome, incompetent, crapulous, idiotic French political elite, which ONLY knows how to raise taxes while proclaiming almost each day that “croissance” will save France.
We are now in the TWENTY-SEVENTH straight month of increased unemployment, and the figures would be far worse but for the thousands of young people (and Gerard Depardieu) leaving France like rats a sinking ship.
I am extremely angry because the French state, which is ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEBT and other problems has:
- … DOUBLED overnight the period of exoneration on Capital Gains Tax (Taxes des Plus-Valus) on the sale of one’s principal residence from 15 to 30 years
- … INCREASED the tax I pay on the pathetic income I receive from renting our house while we are in Germany
- … IMPOSED the CGS (UP in my case from 450€ three years ago to EIGHT HUNDRED EUROS NOW) on non-residents, who used to be exempt.
Note: I AND OTHER PLEBS ARE ENTIRELY INNOCENT OF FRANCE’S DEBT PROBLEMS. I HAVE NO SAY IN THE NATIONAL BUDGET; WHICH HAS NOT BEEN BALANCED BY THE POLITICAL ELITE SINCE NINETEEN SEVENTY- FOUR. In other words, for nearly FORTY YEARS the French political elite has ensured that France spends more than its income.
As I said, they are crapulous, loathsome, hypocritical and utterly incompetent, but their incompetence is impoverishing the rest of us – though not THEM of course.
- The size of the state must be reduced. (among the biggest in the free world)
- Taxes must be reduced. (among the highest in the world)
- Employment must be simplified and its costs reduced. (3,650 pages in the Code du Travail compared to 70 in hardly-failing Switzerland).
They are doing almost NONE of this, and in the case of taxes, the OPPOSITE.
It is absolutely unbelievable, and how the French people have put up with this utter nonsense from BOTH major parties for so long is a total mystery.