Monthly Archives: October 2012
An unstoppable tsunami of advice from the IMF, but there again it’s what we pay Lagarde €400,000 plus and no tax for. Aren’t we so lucky?
As far as I can see, the eurozone is a place where:
the criteria for joining are clear and strict but …
- ….. you can get in with blatant lies, helped by Goldman-Sachs
- all reputable economists said it couldn’t work but
- …..European superate zealots ignored economic reality
- once you get in you can’t get out, like some sort of mafia
- you abandon a good percentage of your sovereignty as part of the “master plan” (master plans don’t on the whole have a good track record)
- nobody respects the rules once you do get in
- the members build up horrendous debt though idiotic borrowing which nobody stops till it’s too late
- Germany and the other states pay you billions to build infrastructure …
- and you get airports and stuff you don’t need and can’t afford to operate
- the unelected EU leaders pay themselves twice as much as national leaders (since they are twice as important of course)
- these leaders spend most of their time pontificating about how wonderful it all is and …
- pay hardly any tax and benefit from astronomical perks
- there is a central bank which is in fact NOT a central bank and which ….
- if in trouble, breaks its own rules
- to make sure money doesn’t run out, they print a lot more, thus debasing it and increasing inflation but not attacking the root problems (quaintly known as “kicking the can down the road”
- the leaders periodically emerge smiling from meetings to announce that the problem is solved (this habit has tailed off a bit with the demise of Sarko who – like Burlesqueonly – threatens to arise from his political coffin to save Europe)
- to fool the people they invent “instruments” and give them soppy names such as “Outright Financial Transactions”, as compared of course to mere and outdated “Financial Transactions”
- your society eventually goes into financial and social meltdown because ..
- the plot was political not economical and the zealots were gambling with your money
- any leader not obeying central axis orders is removed from office and replaced by a Bruxellian apparatchik, preferably one trained at Goldman-Sachs and/or the ECB
- this surreally-lunatic performance is awarded with the Nobel Peace Prize
Frankly, it doesn’t on the face of it sound like a club you’d really want to belong to if you had a choice, does it?
Dear Mr Cameron 8 October, 2012
I write with reference to your interview with Andrew Marr of the BBC as reported in the online version of “The Daily Telegraph” on Sunday, 7th October. (See here) There are several points reported in the newspaper which cannot go unchallenged:
A) You are quoted as saying: “I will veto any major increase in the EU budget.” This is of course meaningless unless you define “major”, which you do not. Concerning the EU, nothing less than say 10 trillion euros would be considered “major”. The TWENTY MILLION GBP per day NET paid to the EU by the UK is apparently so piffling a sum for them that the UK is treated with utter contempt and – hilariously – even blamed for the entire economic crisis ravaging Europe. The THREE HUNDRED MILLION euros spent on a luxury palace for the completely-pointless “President” is clearly nowhere near “major” for the EU. Nor indeed is the SIX BILLION EUROS spent on the farcical Foreign Ministry for a state that does not exist and led by Dame, Baroness or whatever Ashton. (BTW,could you possibly tell me of ANYTHING done by ANY of the following that have in ANY WAY benefited the UK since their appointment? Ms Ashton, Mr Borroso and Mr van Rompuy just for starters.)
At a time of enormous penury all over the Europe (except of course Brussels), the idea that the EU should get any increase whatsoever is ludicrous, so please Prime Minister drop the “major” from the above quote. It would then be “I will veto any increase in the EU budget.”, which is a start. BTW, I hear that Germany is pushing for the EU to “have its own budget”. What is your reaction to that? Will you veto it? You know as well as I do that once the EU gets tax-raising powers we are finished. The only way is up to the stratosphere.
Returning to the theme of waste, can you pls tell me as a point of information whether Euro MEPs can still turn up for parliament, sign on for the day and then go home, later to collect their >200€ PER DAY signing on money, which is of course in addition to their already very large and low-taxed salary? Does this still go on? And can you further tell me if you know of any other profession in the world where you are paid a large salary plus vast expenses for doing a job but get paid a LOT MORE just to attend meetings?
Further, may I ask what your reaction is to Mr Mandelson’s emoluments from the EU? If you remember, this was the following sequence of events:
- Mr Mandelson was an EU Commissioner who resigned to help the Labour Party lose the last election, being made a British Lord at a salary of some 100,000 GBP. (Thank you Brown for that.)
- As this ludicrous sum was nevertheless 60,000€ LESS than he earned as an EU Commissioner, the EU paid him the balance for FOUR years, even though he no longer worked for the EU and of course RESIGNED from his post.
I consider this – and many other EU practices – to be legalized theft, but I would be interested to know your opinion.
B) You say: “Most people in our country don’t actually want to leave the European Union.” With respect, Prime Minister, you cannot possibly know what the majority of people want concerning the EU, since they have not been asked since the original vote decades ago. THEN we voted on whether we wanted to join a “common market”, which of course we did. Since then, every single year has seen the deliberate incremental steps foist on us by the Eurozealots to create a federal United States of Europe. This was ALWAYS the intention and is now OPENLY admitted (but NOT of course when we voted all those years ago) by van Rompuy et al. However, though they are pushing for a federal state via fiscal, banking union and all the rest (and the disastrous euro was supposed to be one such step, all of which are of course “irreversible”, which is why we are paying BILLIONS to fatuously try to keep the Greeks in the euro), may I point out that NOT ONE SINGLE ONE of the four hundred and fifty million EU citizens has voted for this, NOT ONE. I regard this relentless push towards political union as totally undemocratic if not downright fascist.
Speaking of which, the ousting of the democratically-elected Papandreou to be replaced by an ex ECB, Goldman-Sachs crony of the EU was a similar disgrace. Mr Papademos was as Governor of the Bank of Greece charged with preparing Greece’s entry into the Eurozone. As we all know – and in fact knew at the time – the statistics presented by Greece were a PACK OF LIES. Greece NEVER filled the criteria for entry. How can you possibly condone what was done in Greece? The proven liar responsible for abetting Greece’s entry into the EU was ten years later parachuted into the country by Merkozy et al. It is one of the most shameful acts in Europe since WWII. And WHY was Papandreou booted out? He committed the cardinal EU sin of seeking to ask the people directly about EU membership. As we know, in the EU the peoples are FAR too stupid to trust with deciding such things. Except of course, that the PEOPLE did not get us into this mess, the political and financial elites did, and at the same time did very well out of it (see Kinnocks, Mandelson, Cresson, Ashton, Clegg etc – history of)
To sum up, your statement about the majority of British people not wanting to leave the EU is breathtakingly undemocratic and arrogant. Apart from all of which, your party PROMISED a referendum on this issue, which makes you just about as trustworthy as the Lib-Dems were on higher education fees, namely NOT AT ALL.
C) Finally, the DT claimed that “Mr Cameron dismissed the smaller party (UKIP) as a complete waste of time”. This is more breathtaking arrogance:
1) UKIP certainly cost you more than one seat at the last election; hardly a waste of time.
2) Polls frequently put them level if not above the Lib-Dems.
3) Their supporters are British with strongly and nobly held views about their country’s independence and prosperity, and do not deserve to be treated with such sneering contempt. Are ALL small parties that do not agree with you “a waste of time”? For many UKIP members, the greatest waste of time is now voting for the Conservatives, who they feel have betrayed their country. You may not agree with this, but to treat with utter contempt those who hold this view is stunning.
I have voted for several parties during my 65 years, mostly to my later regret, but I shall certainly not be voting for the Tories at the next election, and I fear you may be astonished at how many former supporters of yours have come to the same view. The EU is horrendously wasteful, arrogant, incompetent and in fact corrupt, apart from behaving in a viciously undemocratic way because, of course, it knows best. Just as, of course again, Gafddafi claimed to know for Libya.
We WANT a common market. We may even want Schengen and many other ways of cooperating with and within the Continent. What we do NOT want is the corruption, waste and cost involved AND of course the totally undemocratic drive towards a European superstate. But THAT is where these people are trying to take us, and YOU keep letting them get away with it. Successive British governments do NOTHING to stop this steamroller. Let me remind you, it costs us 23,000,000 GBP NET every single day.
Your job is difficult, especially given the surreal shambles of the previous government, but your feeble defence of Britain’s interests (“I will veto any major increase ….”) – NO, VETO IT ALL. Stop paying them if they take ONE MORE INCH of our independence) allied to your contempt for several million UKIP supporters is a disgrace. It matters little what I think, but I can tell you that unless you change in your approach to the EU (and not just with vague words about vetoes of “major” increases) then your party will be decimated in 2015, because millions of previous Tories are so fed up they will vote UKIP even at the cost of losing otherwise safe Tory seats to Labour. And YOU will have caused this.
A) “Greece to spend almost €100m on building F1 track”.
Ja, Griechenland baut für F1. Total unfassbar. Wahnsinn. Verrückt, und unsere Politiker wollen noch MEHR Geld dahin schicken? Bitte ……
B) “Der Spiegel”: “Concerns Mount that ECB Bond-Buying Program Is Illegal”.
Natürlich ist es illegal. Lagarde selbst hat zugegeben, daß die Massnahmen der ECB vom Anfang an illegal sind. Soll ich meine Steuer nicht mehr bezahlen? Illegalität scheint sehr a la Mode zu sein.
C) “EU will sein eigenes Budget.”
Klar. aber dann sind wir fertig. Sie verschwenden schon MILLIARDEN. Sie bezahlen sich schon riesige Gehälte mit sehr wenigem Steuer. Borroso (ex-Maoist, der uns täglich pontifiziert, hat ein Gehalt von 300,000€, mehr als viele Nationalführer. Dame Ashton ist die höchst-bezahlte Politikerin DER WELT – und total inkompetent dabei. Die EU ist sowieso KEIN STAAT und brauchte kein Aussenpolitik Bureau, das SECHS MILLIARDEN EURO gekostet hat.) Diese Leute bekommen auch riesigen Zuschusse für alles Mögliche, auch teuere Privatschulen für ihre Kinder. Sie bauen sich schöne Palasten – der Palast des Präsidents allein hat DREI HUNDERT MILLIONEN EUROS gekostet. Und was machen diese Leute? Van Rompuy macht nur blöde Rede über die Nötwendigkeit, einen europäischen Staat zu bauen. Sind unsere Politiker verrückt, das zu bezahlen, mit UNSEREM Geld? Europa is KEIN STAAT und braucht KEINEN “Präsident”. Zwar ist das in dem Lisbon Treaty, aber KEIN MENSCH konnte dafür oder eher dagegen wählen. KEIN EINZIGER Europäischer Bürger hat gewählt, seine Soveränität aufzugeben und einen einzigen Staat zu bauen. KEIN EINZIGER wurde gefragt, ob er riesen Summen Geld nach Griechenland schicken wollte. Dieses Land is sowieso nur mit LÜGEN in den Eurozone gekommen. ALLES ist auf Lügen basiert. Was mit Papademos gemacht worden ist, war reiner Faschismus.
Wenn die EU ihr eigenes Steuergeld von uns zugreifen darf, dann ist Europa kaputt. Wie wollen Sie mit diesen Leuten Asien und Sud-Amerika konkurrenzieren?
Das ist alles verrückt, aber schlimmer, total undemokratisch.
D) IMF: “Deutschland muss höher Inflation akzeptieren, um die arme Länder zu helfen”
WAHNSINN. Deutschland hat schon MILLIARDEN zu diesen Ländern gegeben. Griechenland ist nicht Ostdeutschland. Und KEINER hat UNS gefragt, ob wir höhere Inflation wollen. Mein Einkommen ist fixiert; ich AKZEPTIERE NICHT höhere Inflation. Was meinen Sie, daß das deutsche Volk sagen wird, wenn Sie das ihnen vorschlagen würden? Aber wahrscheinlich wird kein Politiker ihre Meinung fragen. Das ist sehr gefährlich. Die EU will Faschismus vermeiden, aber sie wird es bestimmt BRINGEN, wenn die Sachen so weiter gehen.