Dear Mr Hague 24 October 2011
I am stupefied by your party leadership’s stance about the demand for an EU referendum. We have just committed our armed forces to ousting one dictator who never permitted free speech and now your party leader is trying to prevent your own backbenchers from speaking freely.
MPs represent not only their party but ALSO their ELECTORS, and there is a very strong groundswell of anti-EU opinion in the country. Yes, it is difficult time for the EU and the eurozone but THIS IS THE FAULT of national leaders and the EU elite, NOT the people’s. The former are the REASON for the problems. Had the PEOPLE been given more say years ago THIS WOULD NOT HAVE OCCURRED.
There are many problems that you must resolve:
- Pls don’t tell us you will “negotiate later”. There is NEVER any “negotiation”. Successive governments simply give in to EU demands. Mrs T was the last person to actually stick up for Britain against the multiple and various nonsenses of Brussels.
- David Cameron says he is “fighting for Britain”. I am sorry, but I DO NOT BELIEVE HIM.
- The last government committed Britain to spending BILLIONS more on the EU AFTER it was defeated but BEFORE you took over. This was the single most heinous and stupid act I can remember, but you accepted it without question. You could have REFUSED.
- You are described as a “eurosceptic”. It is LIES. Your party has done NOTHING since Mrs T to show that it is in any way “eurosceptic.
- In any case, this expression is stupid. Most people want to be in the EU but NOT with the lies, fraud, waste, arrogance, quasi-fascism and incompetence that we see on a daily basis.
Why are we sick to death of the EU in its present form?
- the fraud
- the lack of proper accounting (see fraud)
- the cronyism: Kinnock, Mandelson, Ashton – Edith Cresson – Brussels is peopled by failed party hacks and cronies and indescribably-incompetent and unelected nonentities such as Borroso.
- the endless barrage of interfering directives and the business-unfriendly and competitivity-destroying regulations (see above)
- the UNMANDATED project to create a European superstate – as I write, van Rompuy is saying that they are going to “change the Lisbon Treaty”. EXCUSE ME!!! What the HELL is he talking about? Who is HE to decide that they are going to change the treaty? Well, UNANIMOUS 27 EU member support is required to change the treaty; let’s see what YOU do when the time comes, shall we?
- the stupid THREE HUNDRED MILLION euros “diplomatic service”. The EU IS NOT A STATE – now that their functions are duplicated in the EU is the UK going to dismantle its entire diplomatic service? If not, that means we are paying for TWO diplomatic services. Frankly, you are all INSANE.
- the venality: TWO “presidents” each earning nearly double our PM – loads of other officials earning vast amounts in salaries and expenses and STILL DEMANDING MORE AND MORE
- these EU people pay HARDLY ANY TAX: it’s not Kazakhstan or Outer Mongolia, but BRUSSELS, just over the Channel ……
- the stultifying urge to homogenize Europe – WE LIKE BEING DIFFERENT
- the utter contempt for democracy, Treaties, peoples – ALL THESE BAILOUTS ARE ILLEGAL UNDER THE LISBON TREATY – Ireland had to vote TWICE to “get it right” etc etc.
- the insufferable arrogance and pathological self-righteousness of the UNELECTED EU elite
- the WASTE in the CAP; the destruction of our fishing industry
- the ludicrous grants to potty projects all over Europe
- the contempt for our hard-earned money – LOOK AT THE VAST EXPENSE of EU institutions in Brussels
- the IDIOTIC banging up and down to Strasbourg by the “Parliament”
- the deceit – PARLIAMENTS make LAWS; the EU parliament is just a talking shop, and a VERY expensive one – it’s all PRETEND and PREPARATION for the UNMANDATED superstate they can’t wait to stuff on us
AND FINALLY – the current financial shambles is entirely down to A) the EU elite, which let Greece into the euro on a PACK OF LIES and for their OWN political agenda and B) idiotic national leaders, who did not keep to their OWN eurozone rules about debt, in some cases surreally so. Tell me, Mr Hague, has ONE SINGLE EU VIP been held accountable for this shambles? WHO GAVE THE ECB the right to spend billions on junk, useless, stupid Italian and Spanish BONDS? This is ILLEGAL under the Lisbon Treaty. WHO IS GOING TO PAY US BACK OUR, I repeat OUR – money when these countries default?
Some quotes from today:
- Hague 24 Oct 2011: ‘we must repatriate laws from EU’ – yes, but we don’t believe you. We’ve heard it all before. NOTHING HAPPENS.
- 23 Oct 2011: Cameron vows to reclaim EU powers amid looming Tory rebellion – SEE ABOVE
- Sarkozy tells Cameron: ‘We’re sick of you telling us what to do’ – GREAT, so France won’t want our money then, will it? Stop all payments at once, including to the IMF, run by a Frenchwoman. You couldn’t make it up.
- “Ahead of the vote, Mr Hague claimed that a motion calling for a vote was similar to writing “graffiti” on the side of Parliament.” – a nauseating insult to your MPs and the people who elected them. The people who PUT YOU IN POWER. Remember us?
- Hague: “I’ve argued for more referendums than almost anybody else, I’ve argued against the euro more comprehensively than almost anybody else.” Yes, but NOTHING IS EVER DONE. You do KNOW the “crying wolf” fable?
- “But this proposition is the wrong question at the wrong time.” Well, WHEN is the right time? There hasn’t been a right time since the last referendum several decades ago …
- MPs preparing to rebel were threatened with not being promoted to the Government or even losing their Parliamentary seat when constituency boundaries are redrawn before the next election. SICKENING BLACKMAIL. Contemptible.
- The Europe Minister said that Parliament risked being seen as a “funny debating society”. You just DON’T GET IT. It is ALREADY seen as a “funny debating society.”
The turmoil has been caused by A) letting Greece into the euro on a pack of LIES and B) idiotic governments vastly over-borrowing. We, the PEOPLE, did NOT cause this shambles. Had we been able to vote on certain things, IT WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED.
I can’t ever see myself voting Tory again Mr Hague, though I have done more often than not in the past. As I said at the beginning, I find David Cameron’s three-line whip incomprehensible and deeply insulting to the people.
Yours sincerely Chris SNUGGS